Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello 2012

Hello 2012.

The Deli put Black Figure of a Bird on their year-end list. I love The Deli, they're the coolest:

http://philadelphia.thedelimagazine.com/8206/qd-tran’s-top-15-local-albums-2011


I've finished my new solo guitar album. Eric Carbonara made my guitar sound huge and punishing. I'm looking forward to releasing it, but I'm going to have to find a label first!

Tomorrow I'm heading to Oakland with Dan Blacksberg to meet up with Drew Cecatto and work with Roscoe Mitchell on the composition he's going to be writing for our trio (Archer Spade + Drew Cecatto). I'm totally psyched to get to work with Roscoe, who is a total hero. I'm also psyched to play with Drew and Dan because I think we make really great music together but we get to do it so rarely since we're bi-coastal.

See you soon!