Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Red Cedar Custom

I'm happy to say that I've found the nicest guitar I could ever ask for. Creston Lea from Creston Guitars built me a custom Telecaster-style guitar out of a really great looking piece of cedar.

Here's what Creston says:

"Nick Millevoi's guitar: western red cedar body that began its vocational life as a stave in a locomotive water tank on the trans-American railroad, circa late-1860s. In 1902, made redundant by a change in locomotive efficiency, it was torn down and recoopered into a pickle vat stave at a Fort Collins, CO pickle operation. In 1992, it was torn down again and sat dormant, air drying in the Rocky Mountains, until 2014 when it found itself assembled into this guitar. "

After playing the same guitar for most of the past 17 years, I had some worries that I would never love another guitar the same way, but after a couple of weeks with my new Creston, I'm not worried!

Here it is:

Creston makes a page for all of the guitars he builds, and none of them are the same, so check out my guitar from every angle and then cruise around on his site for the most glamorous photos of the raddest Tele (and Jazzmaster, Mustang, and a few Strat) -style guitars on the internet.

http://crestonguitars.com/guitars/nick_millevois_red_cedar_custom