Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Desertion track premiered at Aquarium Drunkard

I'm happy to announce that in May, Shhpuma, a great part of the Clean Feed label that focuses on releasing music that goes "beyond, below and above the jazz realm," will release my new record, Desertion.

This album features my Many Arms bandmate, Johnny DeBlase, on upright and electric bass, Jamie Saft on Hammond organ and piano, and Ches Smith on drums, masterfully recorded by Saft at Potterville International Sound. Dan Blacksberg contributed a trombone choir and a string arrangement performed by June Bender.

Aquarium Drunkard dropped the first taste today, premiering the track "Just For a Moment, I Stood There in Silence," in a review that also discusses the new Solar Motel record (on which I play), and the new Sunwatchers record.

Check it out here: http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2016/03/01/checking-back-into-the-solar-motel-chris-forsyth-the-solar-motel-band-sunwatchers-nick-millevoi/