Pages

Friday, September 14, 2018

Nels Cline's Lovers for Philadelphia

Back in June, I took part in Nels Cline's Lovers for Philadelphia concert as the sole Philadelphian in an all star-packed 17-piece ensemble. Yesterday, NPR's Jazz Night in America published the concert film.

I can say with certainty that this project will be one of my favorite things I've been a part of for a long time to come. It was such an honor to be a part of this and work with so many masters, especially Nels Cline. That it is a tribute to my hometown makes it all the more special. The concert video is up. Let's see if the part where venue got struck by lightning is in here!

Thanks Mark Christman and Ars Nova Workshop for making this one of a kind very special event happen. Glad that the rest of the world can see this now!